04 June 2021
Created by railway enthusiast Pete Waterman OBE, and from the builders of ‘Leamington Spa’, the event will present a bespoke model railway that demonstrates the West Coast Mainline – a 74ft OO model featuring the work of Thomas Brassey. Looking after this will be a massive job, and the Cathedral is looking for volunteers to help out.
Volunteers will be asked to:
- Provide a warm and friendly welcome to visitors of all ages, nationalities and backgrounds
- Be a visible, approachable and knowledgeable presence within the Cathedral
- Share information on and promoting events, services and exhibitions in the building
- Direct visitors around the site
- Support staff to maintain a safe and tidy Cathedral
- Help make the "Making Tracks" event a runaway success
This could be a great opportunity for students remaining in the city, and of course, for model railway enthusiasts.
The event takes place from July 17 to September 3 2021 and runs six days a week.
A feature on this amazing model will appear in the August issue of BRM - available in all good newsagents from 15 July, or better still, subscribe and get your copy early along with exclusive interviews and practical features from the model.