Designed to allow the modellers to switch high current items safely using a low current signal, Train-Tech's latest module will be useful to those looking to automate features on their layout.
The twin channel Relay Controller can switch high power loads using controls from track Sensors, Mimic Switches, Sensor Signals and DCC accessory commands.
Example applications include:
• Start a coal loading conveyor when the train is in position
• Remote control of models from the DCC controller
• Activate a turntable when a train passes a Track Sensor
• Boost Track Sensor outputs to control motors, solenoids, lamps etc.
• Automatic Train Control Click Here for more info
The RL1 works on analogue or digital layouts and is powered directly by DCC or 12-16 Volts smooth DC.
When on digital the relays can also be controlled by DCC accessory addresses which are easily set up using One-Touch DCC.
Relays are a great way to switch on and off relatively high power devices such as motors and solenoids because they act as a switch contact and so are safely electrically isolated from other signals.
The Relay Controller incorporates two separate relays, each with single-pole changeover contacts which can switch up to 3 amps at 24 volts AC or DC, so can be used to control DC or AC models, including battery models, Faller kits, etc.
More details from the Train-Tech website.