Rails are in talks with Accurascale to produce the iconic Class 89 locomotive in OO gauge.
The plan is to approach this project slightly differently to usual. Rails are currently at the 'register your interest stage' and the company plans to judge how much demand there is for the project. Should there be sufficient interest, it will open up pre-ordering.
Delivery is expected to be between 15–18 months from when the 'green light' is given.
The initial plan is to produce the locomotive in four liveries:
GNER (Gold Logo)
GNER (White Logo)
The Class 89 model is to be based on Accurascale’s existing Class 92 platform, with all-wheel powered six-axle bogies and a pantograph that can be raised or lowered under DC or DCC control.
- Highly-detailed OO scale model, 1:76.2 scale
- Minimum Radius 438mm (2nd Radius Set-track)
- Die-cast metal chassis
- RP25-110 profile OO wheels with provision in bogies for re-gauging to P4/EM gauges and ability to set brake blocks in line with wheels
- Separately-applied etched metal/plastic detail parts, including grab handles, steps, wipers, etc.
- Scale width wire handrails
- Etched metal pre-painted nameplates provided for customer to install (of factory fitted if possible)
- Full underframe tank detail with brackets and pipework
- Fully sprung metal buffers and bufferplate, factory-fitted pipework and screw couplings (for display)
- Dummy knuckle coupler provided in polybag
- Kinetic NEM coupler mounts at correct height and mini-tension-lock couplers
- DCC ready [21-Pin MTX Socket] or Factory- Fitted DCC Sound options
- High Performance traction, to include;
- Five-Pole motor with two flywheels
- Metal Helical Gear box for maximum performance and slow speed running
- Gearing arranged so locomotive can achieve minimum scale top speed of 125 mph (200 km/h) - DCC ready with PowerPack capacitor for uninterrupted power
- All wheel drive (sprung centre axle) and all wheel pickup
- Fully detailed Lighting Pack, including:
- Directional lighting, DC and DCC
- Switchable Red and white marker lights
- Separately switched cab lighting and illuminated, driver’s desk, auto/off on movement
- Scale-sized Brecknall-Willis High Speed pantographs raised and lowered by DCC control (auto up and down operation in DC with power on/off)
- Two quality speakers with large sound capsules for best possible sound (on DCC Sound-fitted models)
For further details, visit the Rails of Sheffield website.