07 November 2020
Best known for its range of high-quality industrial and narrow gauge kits, Planet Industrials announced at our Virtual Show that it is to expand into RTR with a new 0-6-0T locomotive.
The Kerr Stuart 'Victory' was a class of 10 0-6-0T locomotives, sourced by the Inland Waterways and Docks Department in 1917.
Most saw service at southern ports before being sold into industry after hostilities ended. Six examples went directly into colliery service, two to the Alexandra Docks Railway, one to the Brecon and Merthyr and one to Colonel Stephens's East Kent (also a coal hauler).
A number survived in industrial service into the late 1960s, though none was preserved.
The model is said to feature a high torque motor, flywheel driven chassis with darkened RP25-110 profile wheels, a highly-detailed accurate body with seperately-applied details and a Next18 DCC interface, and pre-fitted speaker. It will safely negotiate a minimum second radius curve.
• Injection-moulded body
• Over 200 individual components
• Die-cast metal chassis
• Finescale RP25-110 wheels
• Six-wheel electrical pickup
• High-torque flywheel-equipped motor, driving the rear axle
• 40:1 precision gearbox for slow, smooth running
• Pre-fitted sugar cube speaker
• Options DC/DCC ready, DCC-fitted and DCC sound fitted
• Full cab detail
• Sprung buffers
• NEM coupler pockets at the correct height
For more details, visit the Planet Industrials website.