At the World of Railways virtual exhibition, KR models announced their intention to produce the iconic "Leader" in OO gauge.
The Leader was a class of experimental 0-6-0+0-6-0 articulated steam locomotive, 5 were planned but only one was completed, and was produced in the United Kingdom.
It looked like a ‘new’ generation of diesel but was actually a steam powered loco.
The Leader project was part of Bulleid's desire to modernise the steam locomotive based on experience gained with the Southern Railway's fleet of electric stock.
- 21-pin DCC socket with easy access.
- Heavy die-cast metal chassis with central motor and flywheels giving powerful performance.
- Directional LED lighting.
- Etched grilles.
- Sprung buffers.
- Flush glazing.
- Available in prototype brushed aluminium and BR green.
- DCC ready £170. DCC sound TBC.
KR Models are asking for expressions of interest, which can be lodged on their website.