19 October 2023
Kato has announced a new batch of its popular Class 800 in N gauge, with the new models due early next year.
New versions include a new GWR green model complete with "Paddington Bear" branding, as well as factory digital & digital sound-fitted variations of the GWR and LNER models.
The new models cost from £195.50 to £297.50, with digital fitted and digital sound versions available.
- Highly detailed model with separately fitted parts including roof equipment, pantograph, corridor connections, nosecone and more
- Digital & Sound capability - PCB swap required (or factory-fitted models available)
- 5-pole motor with flywheel with all-wheel drive in one power car, all-wheel pickups on all cars.
- Directional head and tail lights
- Poseable pantograph
- Interior lightbar ready
- Removable nosecone - ends feature working couplings to couple units in multiple if desired
The Class 800 is a type of bi-modal multiple unit used in the United Kingdom, based on the Hitachi A-train design. The first units entered service with GWR on the Great Western Main Line (GWML) in October 2017 and entered service with LNER on the East Coast Main Line (ECML) in May 2019.
Your weekly World of Railways newsletter
Are you subscribed to our weekly email newsletter? Don't miss the latest news, reviews, modelling advice and competitions.