17 November 2023
Clark Railworks has announced its first OO steam locomotive - The War Department Austerity 2-10-0.
The model has been fully designed and engineered in the UK and will feature a high-quality coreless motor and gear train, alongside catering for left and right-hand drive variants, the manufacturer will also be producing a range of liveries, including LMR Blue, WD Khaki Green, BR Black Early & Late Crest, and Brunswick Green.
- DC/DCC Ready
- Die-cast boiler, smokebox and chassis
- Brass and plastic-constructed tender
- Injection moulded cab
- Coreless Motor
- Separate pipework
- Separately-fitted cab backhead detailing
- Individual-specific locomotive details
- Separate fire irons included
- Fully Detailed Wheels & Axles
- Working sprung screw-link couplings
- Sprung buffers
- Left and right-hand drive locomotives
- Factory-fitted DCC Sound versions are available
- Finely detailed external and underside detailing
- Brass bearings fitted to all axles
- Firebox glow
- Metal cylinder liners
- Plug “N” Play Next18 DCC Easy Access Harness
- Fully removable front and rear tension-lock coupling
- WD Green
- Longmoor Military Railway Blue
- BR Plain Black
- BR Black Early Crest
- BR Black Late Crest
- Brunswick Green
All versions are available to pre-order now, with no upfront costs, at the Clark Railworks website.
DCC Ready models are priced at £295, with DCC sound models TBA, but expected to be around £395 - £425. The firm expects to have the first batch in stock for Spring 2025.
Are you subscribed to our weekly email newsletter? Don't miss the latest news about our shows, reviews, modelling advice, competitions and more.