World of Railways Virtual Exhibition
THE DOORS ARE OPEN!
Like any model railway exhibition, we’re giving you 30 minutes of early access time to browse all of our layouts. Make sure you come back to this page, though, as we’ll be updating with new content every 15 minutes!
The backbone of any show is the layouts; we have selected some of our favourite layouts, which have featured in the pages of BRM over the years with full articles, photos and video to bring you the visitor experience of learning about the models on show and hear from the builders. You will get to see the layouts in action. The next best thing to being there!
Now, go grab a cup of tea and enjoy!
Back by popular demand, the third instalment of our widely-acclaimed virtual exhibition is to take place next month.
Following the success of our second #BigWORshow event in November, which drew more visitors to our website than at any model railway show in the UK – and with such fantastic feedback, our next show will take place THIS WEEKEND!
Entertainment Guaranteed this weekend!
Step forward those who’d like a weekend filled with entertainment for all ages, model railways of all shapes, sizes and scales, plus informative model ‘how-to’ advice, and interviews with the brands who bring us the models we love.
Alongside our practical advice, we’ll interview some of the key people who drive our hobby, from manufacturers to retailers, inspirational modellers and clubs. Look out for a number of exciting new model announcements from ready-to-run and kit manufacturers across the weekend, too! We’ll discover manufacturer’s reasons for releasing these models, plus take a behind-the-scenes look at forthcoming models.
WIN BIG PRIZES!
Who doesn’t love winning prizes? Its competitions galore across this weekend at our #BigWORshow Part III event and we’ll be giving away excellent models to some lucky competition winners. Test your observation skills with our ‘spot the difference’ challenges, or write a witty sentence with our caption competition.
New for 2021 - Kids Zone!
There’s something for all the family at our #BigWORshow Part III event, including lots of games and prizes for our hobby’s younger generation! See if you can ‘spot the difference’, complete our Thomas puzzle, or why not have a go at colouring your own Hogwarts Express?
There are some great prizes up for grabs too, plus some useful videos from the MRC about how to get involved in the hobby from a young age.
The zone will open at the same time as the show on March 13th at 9:30am, so look out for the links to head to the dedicated section.
Like before, the third #BigWORshow will feature a compelling selection of fantastic layouts created by talented modellers. The exhibits will feature N, OO, EM, P4, O, and G scales, with something for all tastes! At present, our selection of layouts includes:
- Yorkshire Pennines (2000s Yorkshire / N)
- Tucking Mill / Wm. Smith's Yard (1910s Somerset - light railway / 2FS)
- Aylesbury LNW (1920s LNWR Buckinghamshire / EM)
- Clarendon (1920s LNWR/LBSCR West London / P4)
- Rolleston-on Dove (1930s LMS / EM)
- Barmouth Junction (1950s BR(W) Wales / OO)
- Liverpool Lime Street (1940s LMS / EM)
- Bournemouth West (1960s BR (S) / OO)
- Horfield (1950s-1960s BR(WR) / OO)
- Shirebrook (1980s Nottinghamshire BR / N)
- Black Country Blues (1970s BR(M) West Midlands / EM)
- Boston Frodsham (1980s BR(E) Lincolnshire / P4)
- Alderford (1980s BR North West / OO)
- Bacup (1950s BR(M) North West / OO)
- Barmouth Junction (1950s BR(W) Wales / OO)
- Forest Gate Parkway (2000s South Wales / OO)
- Malham (1950s BR(M) Yorkshire / OO
- Much Murkle (1930s GWR Worcestershire / OO)
- Oulton TMD (1980s North Midlands / OO)
- Perry Barr (1970s BR(M) West Midlands / OO)
- St. Ives (1950s BR(W) Cornwall / OO)
- Vale of Lune (1930s LMS North West / OO)
- Pempoul (1950s Brittany / 1:50)
- Oldham King Street (1970s BR(M) North West / O)
- Over Peover (1930s LNER East Coast Main Line / O)
- Isle of Westland (Freelance / G)
*List subject to change
We’re really excited to welcome everyone to our official opening on Saturday, March 13 at 09:30 GMT for two days of fantastic model railway entertainment and exciting challenges – don't forget to tell your friends. Don't miss it – we'll see you there, virtually, of course!
To keep up to date with all the latest news and announcements for the show, make sure you subscribe to our weekly newsletter and follow our social channels on the links below.
What to do now…
To keep up to date with all the latest news and announcements for the show, make sure you subscribe to our weekly newsletter and follow our social channels by clicking the links below.
What you may have missed
Following the success of our first and second #BigWORshow event in July and November, which drew more than 100,000 visitors to our website over each weekend – more than at any model railway show in the UK – and with such fantastic feedback, we’ve proved the concept of a virtual exhibition works.
This time around, we intend to introduce new features to make the user experience even better. We’re also planning the content to be even bigger and better than before.
Some features that made the previous show a success will, of course, remain, including our live feed, which, like last time, will be populated with new content at least every 10 minutes!
We’re really excited to welcome everyone to our official opening on Saturday, March 13th at 09:30 GMT for two days of fantastic model railway entertainment and exciting challenges. Don't miss it – we'll see you there, virtually, of course!