26 February 2020
This year marks the 40th anniversary of the start of Stephen Williams’s celebrated project of the former GWR terminus at Faringdon, Oxfordshire.
To mark the occasion, Pendon Museum has arranged for a special presentation of the layout during the Museum’s normal public openings on the weekend of May 30 and 31st, 2020.
The presentation of the layout will provide visitors with several opportunities:
- Unrestricted access to both the normal viewing side and the operating side of the model.
- An opportunity to take posed photographs or film sequences of the layout on request.
- The opportunity to operate the layout (under supervision)
- An invitation to P4 modellers to operate and/or photograph their own models on the layout.
- The chance to discuss with Stephen the many different modelling techniques that were deployed in creating the layout and to see, at first hand, how this award-winning model was made.
The Museum will be open each day from 11.00am until 4.00pm (with last admissions at 3.15pm) and entry to the special presentation is included in the normal admission price.
For further details, head to https://pendonmuseum.com/faringdon-at-forty