02 March 2020
The 56xx is Sonic’s first powered model and follows the award-winning VEA vans, which debuted in 2019 to wide acclaim.
The RRP of the forthcoming Sonic Models GWR 56xx 0-6-2T locomotive in GWR and BR liveries has been set at £109.95.
The new price will come into effect at midnight on Wednesday, March 4th, though this is not an order deadline as the models will still be available after this date.
This is the first 0-6-2 chassis to be offered RTR in N, with a smooth coreless motor driving the centre axle and 6-pin DCC socket and removable bunker weight to allow easy fitting of a speaker for those who wish to add DCC Sound.
The models also have electrical contacts on the sprung rear pony, so that pick-up is from all eight wheels.
The models are available to pre-order in 6 liveries:
- 6623 in GWR green with Great Western lettering
- 5616 in GWR green with GWR lettering
- 6639 in BR unlined Black and early emblem
- 5633 in BR unlined green with late crest
- 6681 in BR lined green with small late crest and weathered finish.
- 5637 in BR lined green with late crest. This locomotive is modelled as preserved, and priced to allow Revolution to make a donation to support its owners, the 5637 Steam Locomotive Group.
Production is scheduled to begin now with delivery expected in Q3 2020, though the ongoing public health issues in China are having an impact on all model train manufacturers.