05 May 2021
Smoke & Steam is a new quality publication brought to you by Warners Group Publications, also responsible for BRM, Traction, Garden Rail, Narrow Gauge World and Engineering in Miniature magazines.
In this special digital edition, we’ll take you on an entertaining and informative journey of Britain’s railways with in-depth articles, explaining some of the most important moments of Britain’s railway history from a variety of eras and regions. You can also enjoy rare photography that can be seen in its full glory thanks to the benefits of digital publishing.
Working with a team of pedigree writers, the new publication takes a fresh approach to our colourful steam history, covering a golden age when steam powered Britain.
In this special edition, we’ll take you on an entertaining and informative historic journey of Britain’s railways in the age of steam. Join us across some of the most famous – and not so famous – routes, featuring locomotive legends.
Smoke & Steam provides readers with in-depth articles, explaining some of the most important moments of Britain’s railway history from a variety of eras and regions, accompanied by rare or never-before printed photography.
Inside this special issue:
- Following the Flagman – Dover’s seafront railway
- Forgotten Railways – The Peak District mainline
- Iconic stations: Exploring Salisbury
- Travelling in style: The Cornish Riviera Express
- Mallard: A Pictorial Journey
- Semaphore Signalling – Why the GWR was different
- There’s only one Edinburgh Waverley
- Restoring an SR Merchant Navy
- Goods locomotives of Buckingham
For more details, visit the World of Railways store.