15 April 2021
The Locomotion Models, Rails of Sheffield and Dapol joint project takes a leap forward as examples of the seven variants complete testing and running trials.
Examples of all seven versions of the South Eastern & Chatham Railway D Class 4-4-0 from the Dapol production line have been received by Locomotion Models and Rails of Sheffield. These have now completed extensive running trials and final checking. Following approval, shipping from the factory can now commence, with the production of models expected to be complete by the end of April 2021.
The preserved example of No. 737 is currently on display at the National Railway Museum, York. This locomotive has been produced exclusively for Locomotion Models, which is part of the National Railway Museum.
The other six models have been commissioned by Rails of Sheffield and will also be available direct from Dapol. The models are currently available to pre-order as follows:
From Locomotion Models:
- South Eastern & Chatham Railway No. 737 NRM as Preserved in full livery
From Rails of Sheffield or from Dapol:
- (4S-027-001) South Eastern & Chatham Railway Green livery No. 488
- (4S-027-002) Southern Railway Lined Maunsell Olive Green livery No. 1730
- (4S-027-003) British Railways Sunshine Black livery No. 31731
- (4S-027-004) British Railways Lined Black livery with Early Crest No. 31574
- (4S-027-005) South Eastern & Chatham Railway Grey livery (Scraped Beading) No. 726
- (4S-027-006) Southern Railway Sunshine livery No. 1734
Factory DCC sound fitted versions are now available to pre-order too with deposits being accepted. For further details, including current pricing and availability, visit the respective Dapol, Locomotion models and Rails of Sheffield websites.
To find out what’s inside the latest issue of BRM magazine, click here. You can buy the latest magazine with free UK postage or download the digital version.