17 October 2023
The new OO gauge models are produced by Cavalex, exclusively for Rails of Sheffield.
The new PXA Steel Coil Carrier wagon and the JXA bogie Scrap wagon will introduce all-new tooling and will mostly be available in triple packs, however, there is also one twin pack and one single wagon.
The models are being produced both in a pristine and weathered finish.
- A wealth of separately fitted parts
- Fully detailed underframe
- Authentic tarpaulin
- Pivoted split chassis
- Prototypical fully detailed replica bogie
- Era-specific printing and livery elements
- Designed for easy conversion to EM and P4
- Zinc alloy chassis
- Sprung buffers
- Sprung kinematic NEM couplings
A spokesman for Cavalex has added, “We are very pleased to be working with Rails of Sheffield in bringing two brand new wagon models to market. The PXA steel carrier and JXA bogie scrap wagons will nicely fill a long overdue gap in the market as well as complement existing models offered by other manufacturers.
After the highly regarded BBA steel wagons, it is great to look at another prototype wagon, which is highly detailed, and in the case of the PXA, incorporating an authentic recreation of the structure flex hood.”
Prices are as follows:
- Single Car version £49.95 (Pristine), £59.95 (Weathered)
- Twin Pack version £99.95 (Pristine), £119.95 (Weathered)
- Triple Packs £149.95 (Pristine), £179.95 (Weathered)
The wagons are currently in production and delivery is expected in the summer of 2024.
All versions are available to pre-order now from Rails of Sheffield.
Your weekly World of Railways newsletter
Are you subscribed to our weekly email newsletter? Don't miss the latest news, reviews, modelling advice and competitions.