13 September 2019
Rails of Sheffields Stroudley A1X 0-6-0T 'Terrier' locomotives are in production, with six additional variants added, including Isle of Wight variants.
Model retailer, Rails of Sheffield, has shared images of six new variants of its Stroudley A1X 0-6-0T 'Terrier' locomotives, currently in production. Expected to arrive as early as October 2019, the Dapol-manufactured models have been assessed before production.
Commenting on the new liveries, Oliver Davies said "With our exclusive 'Terriers' now in production and the latest batch of samples arriving, we couldn't hold the excitement any longer. We are pleased to announce six additional variants including the highly requested Isle of Wight versions! Dapol has taken its time with the review process, going over each sample with a fine-tooth comb and making sure everything is correct, down to the finest detail."
The new variants are as follows:
Stroudley Terrier A1X Class BR Lined Black E/Crest Ex Isle of Wight 0-6-0 Tank Locomotive No. 32650
Stroudley Terrier A1X Class 'Fishbourne' Southern Green 0-6-0 Tank Locomotive No.9
Stroudley Terrier A1X Class GWR Green 0-6-0 Tank Locomotive No.6
Stroudley Terrier A1 Class LBSC (Ex Gipsyhill) 0-6-0 Tank Locomotive No. 643
Stroudley Terrier A1X Class WC & PR Lined Green 0-6-0 Tank Locomotive No. 4
Stroudley Terrier A1 Class LBSC Stroudley Improved Engine Green Brighton Gold 0-6-0 Tank Locomotive
Features of the new models include:
- Powerful 5 pole skew wound motor
- Realistic firebox glow
- Diecast chassis and running plate
- Detailed plastic moulded body
- Many separately fitted parts
- Diecast wheels are fitted with turned metal tyres
- Sprung centre driving wheels to give compensation providing all wheel electrical pick up and better traction
- Speaker Pre-fitted
- DCC and sound Ready with easy access through a removable body which exposes a NEXT-18 socket
- DCC and DCC Sound Fitted variants using Dapol’s own sound recording of 32678 on the Kent and East Sussex Railway
*Factory sound fitted locomotives will feature RealDrive braking control
View the full range of its 'Terrier' models on its website.