18 October 2022
Promising to be more efficient, and optimising services within current funding constraints, the operator is advising customers to be aware of the new timings.
- New timetable said to be more efficient, optimising services within current funding constraints
- Changes improve spread of services, alter calling patterns and deliver faster journey times where possible
- Customers urged to check their journeys to be aware of new timings
South Western Railway is preparing to introduce a new timetable on December 11, 2022. The new timetable will provide sufficient capacity to cover current and forecast demand, while making a series of changes to improve customer journeys. From December, improvements will include:
- Improved distribution of services of fast services from London to Twickenham, Feltham, Staines
- Improved distribution of services from London to Portsmouth in the off-peak. Giving faster journey times to London from Liss and Liphook
- London Waterloo to Portsmouth Harbour (via Eastleigh) services call at Farnborough and Fleet in the PM peak providing three trains per hour to these stations
- Restoration of two trains per hour at Farncombe including direct links to Clapham Junction
- Improved PM peak connections at Ash Vale onto services towards Camberley
Steve Tyler, Performance and Planning Director for South Western Railway, said, “This new timetable will broadly maintain current service levels across our network, while delivering more consistent and efficient service for our customers, based on close scrutiny of current travel patterns.
“We are confident our service levels adequately meet current demand on the network, but will continue to monitor changes in customer flows to adapt with agility where funding can be secured.”
Current demand for SWR services passenger continues to remain below the network’s available capacity. In the last six months, overall customer numbers have stabilised at around 69% of pre-pandemic levels, with peak travel at only 53%.
The new timetable starts on Sunday December 11. Train times can now be viewed in journey planners on the South Western Railway website and will be published on our website at least four weeks prior to introduction.
Free Ticket to Warley
Subscribe to BRM Magazine and receive 6 issues for just £19.99 PLUS a free ticket to Warley National Exhibition 2022.