28 October 2022
Six new West Midlands liveries, plus Scottish, northern and retailer exclusives of its bus tooling to arrive late-2023.
Rapido Trains UK is to produce a new batch of its 1:76 scale West Midlands Passenger Transport Executive (WMPTE) Fleetline buses. For the first time, there’s something to entice bus modellers further afield than the West Midlands. Rapido expects delivery of models late-2023, with models to be priced at £54.95 (£44.95, undecorated).
Midland Fox, Andrews of Sheffield, Stotts of Oldham and A1 Services from Ayrshire all bought ex-WMPTE Fleetlines and their liveries are to be included in this new production run. These new models are promised to be to the same standard as its first run, including a high-quality and thoroughly-researched paint finish, working lights and poseable front wheels.
Rapido is offering West Midlands Buses liveries with West Bromwich, Quinton and Coventry branding for the first time as well as BON531C, a 1965 Fleetline fitted with the standard WMPTE body after an accident.
Also included is Fleetline No. 6311, which is being re-painted by Transport Museum Wythall with period-style Rapido UK adverts.
Both Rails of Sheffield and TTC Diecast have commissioned exclusive Fleetlines, available to pre-order now before February 1, 2023.
- 901027: BON531C, Route 93/Kingshurst, WMPTE blue/cream
- 901028: WDA907T, Route 51/Birmingham, WMPTE blue/cream
- 901029: WDA906T, Route 87/Birmingham, WM Buses West Bromwich silver/blue
- 901030: WDA973T, Route 23/City Centre, WM Buses Quinton silver/blue
- 901031: WDA988T, Route 21A/Baginton, WM Buses Coventry silver/blue
- 901032: SDA517S, Route 31/Oadby Grange, Midland Fox livery
- 901033: WDA975T, Route 398/Grotton, Stotts of Oldham livery
- 901034: WDA908T ‘Duke of Darnell’, Route 501/Meadowhall, Andrews of Sheffield livery
- 901035: NOC407R, Route A1/Kilmarnock, A1 Services
- 901036: KON311P, Route 758/Wythall Museum Service. WMPTE blue/cream with Rapido advertising
- 901042: Undecorated (early body style)
- 901043: Undecorated (late body style)
Retailer-exclusive models are as follows:
- 901037: NOC476R ‘Little John’, Route 42/City, Andrews of Sheffield livery RAILS OF SHEFFIELD EXCLUSIVE
- 901038: SDA715S, Route 8, Stagecoach United Counties livery TTC DIECAST EXCLUSIVE
- 901039: SDA651S, Stagecoach United Counties livery TTC DIECAST EXCLUSIVE
- 901040: Plain white, no decoration TTC DIECAST EXCLUSIVE
- 901041: WDA662T, West Midlands Travel Driver Trainer livery TTC DIECAST EXCLUSIVE
To pre-order or find more details on the above models, visit the Rapido Trains UK, Rails of Sheffield or TTC Diecast websites.
Free Ticket to Warley
Subscribe to BRM Magazine and receive 6 issues for just £19.99 PLUS a free ticket to Warley National Exhibition 2022.