11 September 2023
Peter's Spares updates on all-new parts to keep older model locomotives on the rails.
Model railway retailer and after-market component manufacturing specialist, Peter's Spares has received new components designed to replace worn or defective parts in Lima, Hornby and Tri-ang locomotives.
From motion brackets to gear sets, replacement wheels, axle gears and more, the injection-moulded components are either an 'interference fit' requiring a sturdy push to fit into place on models, clip fit, screw-fit, or rivet fit.
Its latest arrivals are as follows:
- PS68 Lima Class 50/52/55 dummy bogie wheel retainer (Lima code L8042-08) £7.30
- PS70 Hornby Princess 4-6-2 motion bracket (S5056) £4.99
- PS75 Tri-ang/Hornby (S5449) Class 35/31/37/EM2 axle gear set £4.60
- PS98 Hornby (X5453) Class 31/37/EM2 wheel retainer/keeper plate £7.30
- PS158 Replacement (L5714) black worm wheel (X8199) worm wheel/axle gear for 0-6-0 and B12 £2.99
- PS162 Hornby (S5467) Britannia 4-6-2 motion bracket £4.99
- PS163 Replacement (S5054) plastic bogie wheel £2.25
- PS165 Replacement (L5111) Duchess 4-6-2 motion bracket £4.99
- PS164 Replacement plastic (X283) Lord of the Isles wheel retainer without rivet
Peter Corbitt, proprietor of Peter's Spares commented, "These items have been made in a semi-flexible engineers resin, so can be flexed to fit or remove the item. Care must be taken to avoid damage. Items are moulded and therefore require some cleaning of mould flash before use with a file or sharp blade. The items are made for us in the UK."
For the full range of model spares, visit the Peter's Spares website.