30 November 2023
Responding to customer demand, the manufacturer will offer the new model in four liveries.
Revealed at Warley this weekend, the team at KR Models has been working on the project for over a year, working closely with the custodians of the full-size LMR number 600 'Gordon', measuring up the real locomotive on the Severn Valley Railway.
The new model will have a sound option using ESU Loksound V5 decoders, plus KR Models’ newly-designed synchronised smoke unit that uses a specially developed smoke fluid.
- Pickup from all drive wheels and tender
- Firebox flicker
- 21pin DCC socket in tender
- Detail differences to cater to different prototype variants
- With and Without Westinghouse air pump
- Full sound option with synchronised chuffs
- Optional working synchronised non-oil-based smoke unit for sound-fitted models
- LMR Blue/Red
- Olive Drab
- Khaki Sand
- BR Early Crest Black
The model is available to pre-order now, with delivery dates yet to be confirmed. Prices start at £240 for DCC Ready models, £340 for DCC Sound Fitted, and £370 for DCC Sound Fitted plus smoke unit fitted.