26 November 2022
Dapol lifts the curtain on its largest RTR item of freight rolling stock to date, with models of the aggregate hoppers planned to arrive Q2, 2023.
Dapol is to release RTR models of the HIA bogie hoppers for 7mm:1ft / O gauge. Expected to arrive in Q2, 2023 the models carry an RRP of £80.00 each. Decorated samples are awaited, though the manufacturer has shown first samples from its tooling (some differences between these and the final models may occur).
The HIA limestone hopper was designed for the haulage of limestone, stone and sand and was introduced in 2005 for exclusive operation by Freightliner Heavy Haul Limited.
122 HIA limestone hoppers were manufactured by Wagony Swidinica in Poland of which 95 operated in the Heavy Haul green livery and 27 in the white. The HIA limestone hopper was 14m long with a maximum carrying capacity of 90T. The wagons worked all over England, typically transporting limestone from Derbyshire (Dowlow) to Yorkshire, Kent, Cambridgeshire, Norfolk and Lancashire.
Dapol's proposed specification of the models is as follows:
- Finely moulded body with many separately added details
- Heavy die-cast chassis
- Super-detailed underframe
- Finely-detailed bogies including metal suspension spring details
- Pin point axles providing extremely smooth free running
- Sprung buffers
- Screw-link couplings (Instanter shown on EP)
- Accurately applied livery
The following liveries are proposed:
- (7F-026-001) HIA Freightliner Green Heavy Haul Limestone Hopper 369008
- (7F-026-002) HIA Freightliner Green Heavy Haul Limestone Hopper 369022
- (7F-026-003) HIA Freightliner White Heavy Haul Limestone Hopper 369027
- (7F-026-004) HIA Freightliner White Heavy Haul Limestone Hopper 369044
- (7F-026-005) HIA Freightliner Green Heavy Haul Limestone Hopper 369002
- (7F-026-006) HIA Freightliner Green Heavy Haul Limestone Hopper 369020
See your local Dapol stockist to pre-order the above models.