05 October 2023
Fans of Deltic rejoice! The new models by Heljan will soon be shipped to Europe.
Heljan has announced that its new Deltics are almost complete and will shortly be shipped to Europe. No fewer than 10 liveries will be available, covering standard BR blue machines, Finsbury Park's famous 'racehorses' with white cab windows, retro BR green D9000 and 55002 'KOYLI' and 'railtour specials' (see full list below).
According to Heljan, the new models have been redesigned from the ground up, reshaped with an improved body, new details added and an upgraded chassis with the latest 'plug and play' DCC specification. New interior details and switchable lighting features are also part of the upgrade.
Standard equipment now includes...
- Heavy duty twin motor/flywheel drive
- Plug and Play XL DCC interface
- Provision for 2x large speakers
- Provision for 2x ESU smoke units
- Switchable headcode, HI headlight, cab and tail lights
- Provision for DCC controlled smoke unit
- Period specific details according to loco and livery
- Choice of BR 1976-82 or post-preservation main line locomotives
- Finely detailed grilles, bogies and fuel tanks
- Glazed or plated headcode panels
- Cast or fabricated bogies
- Engine room interior detail inserts
All versions are being produced in limited quantities and Heljan expects demand to be very strong for some liveries, so early ordering via a Heljan stockist is recommended. Delivery is expected in November/December 2023.
O Gauge Class 55 (2023 Edition)
- #5520: BR Blue 55007 Pinza
- #5521: BR Blue unnumbered
- #5522: BR Blue 55015 Tulyar (white cabs)
- #5523: BR Blue unnumbered (white cabs)
- #5524: BR Green 55002 King’s Own Yorkshire Light Infantry (full yellow ends)
- #5525: BR Railtour Blue 55022/D9000 Royal Scots Grey
- #5526: BR Blue 55011 The Royal Northumberland Fusiliers WEATHERED
Preserved Main Line Class 55s with HI headlight
- #5530: BR Green D9000 Royal Scots Grey (small yellow panel)
- #5531: BR Blue 55019 Royal Highland Fusilier
- #5532: BR Blue unnumbered (white cabs)
Your weekly World of Railways newsletter
Are you subscribed to our weekly email newsletter? Don't miss the latest news, reviews, modelling advice and competitions.