15 November 2022
Following popularity of its newly-tooled 'Genesis' coaches, the retailer adds liveries to its tooling for modellers of the Irish rail scene.
With the first of its newly-tooled 'Genesis' coaches now with customers, Hatton's has revealed new Irish Railways CIÉ colours for its second batch of models from its tooling.
The manufacturer said that it has "been inundated with suggestions for other liveries to produce", adding, "there has been one standout suggestion that we have decided to append onto our second batch run, the Irish Railways CIÉ colours."
CIÉ had a fleet of six-wheel coaches inherited from many of the old companies of Ireland, with the ex-GSWR fleet being one of the most prominent. This is what it has used for inspiration for the livery application for its coaches, as the features closely resemble the prototype. Hattons is to produce all three liveries that CIÉ used with this type of coach as follows:
CIÉ dark green used until the early 1960s.
CIÉ light green late 1950s – mid 1960s.
CIÉ Black & Tan early 1960s (later for bogie vehicles).
The liveries represent the full lives of the coaches with CIÉ and cover an era of railways which, in the UK, had not seen a non-bogie coach for many years. The coaches are priced the same as the rest of its range, with single coaches available at £33 and a pack of four (in dark green livery only) priced at £120.
As with its other second batch of coaches, all models will be supplied unlit, with optional lighting packs available. All coaches will require a (H4-GL-6) lighting pack, with the dark green pack of four coaches requiring four of these units to function.
Models are expected to be available late 2023/early 2024 along with the other liveries already announced for its second batch. Numbers will be strictly limited and with the success of its first batch, Hattons recommends ordering soon to avoid disappointment.
Models available are as follows:
- (H4-46Pack-1701) Pack of four coaches in CIÉ dark green (6T, 6T, 6CL & 6BT) £120.00
- (H4-6BT-1701A) six wheel brake third 102 in CIÉ dark green £33.00
- (H4-6BT-1701B) six wheel brake third 90 in CIÉ dark green £33.00
- (H4-6T-1701A) six wheel third 453 in CIÉ dark green £33.00
- (H4-6T-1701B) six wheel third 419 in CIÉ dark green £33.00
- (H4-6C13-1701) six wheel composite (1st/3rd) 452 in CIÉ dark green £33.00
- (H4-6CL-1701) six wheel composite lavatory (1st/3rd) 526 in CIÉ dark green £33.00
- (H4-6FB-1701) six wheel full brake 18 in CIÉ dark green £33.00
- (H4-6BS-1702A) six wheel brake second 100 in CIÉ light green £33.00
- (H4-6BS-1702B) six wheel brake second 101 in CIÉ light green £33.00
- (H4-6CL-1702) six wheel composite lavatory (1st/2nd) 545 in CIÉ light green £33.00
- (H4-6S-1702A) six wheel second 426 in CIÉ light green £33.00
- (H4-6S-1702B) six wheel second 955 in CIÉ light green £33.00
- (H4-6FB-1702) six wheel full brake 72 in CIÉ light green £33.00
- (H4-6FB-1703) six wheel full brake 79 in CIÉ black & tan £33.00
For further details on these models, or to pre-order, visit the Hattons website.
Free Ticket to Warley
Subscribe to BRM Magazine and receive 6 issues for just £19.99 PLUS a free ticket to Warley National Exhibition 2022.