21 April 2023
New run of locomotives set to cover more regions, while allowing modellers to customise models more easily.
Hattons Model Railways is to issue a further batch of OO gauge models from its Andrew Barclay locomotive tooling, adding nine further locomotive guises to its range. Delivery is expected in Q2 of 2024.
Its new batch sees NCB locomotives, plus other industrials missing location markings to allow them to be customised to suit, or used on different layouts. Three new colours without names or number markings are designed to allow customers to either apply their own or run them as they are – plain locomotives were not uncommon in industrial settings. These locomotives will have a printed works plate but no works number or build date.
Also included is a ‘works grey’ locomotive, as used for old sepia/black and white images to show off the features better on the older film.
Hattons commented: "This batch will include all of the same features as previous releases and the same quality of build as well. Numbers will be strictly limited and are expected to sell out very quickly so pre-ordering is essential."
- (H4-AB14-009) NCB blue 14in 2157 NCB 47
- (H4-AB14-010) NCB lined maroon 14in Carbon NCB NW crest on cab
- (H4-AB14-011) Caledonia Works grey 14in Andrew Barclay works grey (No works number on build plate so can be ‘any’ loco)
- (H4-AB14-012) Lined green 14in 1598 Efficient. Was based on Ditton Road (Standard Andrew Barclay livery for locos that were not painted in a specific livery for customers)
- (H4-AB14-013) Plain maroon wasp stripes 2201 Victory
- (H4-AB14-014) Lined light blue 14in plain livery (No number, name or works number on build plate so can be ‘any’ loco)
- (H4-AB16-005) Lined apple green 16in plain livery (No number, name or works number on build plate so can be ‘any’ loco)
- (H4-AB16-006) Lined green 2266 Wallace 16in. Was based at ICI Widnes (Standard Andrew Barclay livery for locos that were not painted in a specific livery for customers)
- (H4-AB16-007) Lined dark blue 16in (plain livery with no number, name or works number on build plate so can be ‘any’ loco)
For pre-ordering, visit the Hattons website.
Bristol 2023 Exhibition – it's soon here. Book your tickets to the show in advance, and save money here