05 May 2020
In conjunction with GBRf, Dapol's N gauge Class 66 Capt. Tom Moore is expected to raise £40.00 per model sold for NHS charities.
Dapol is to produce N gauge models of GBRf/Porterbrook-liveried 66731 Capt. Tom Moore to raise money for NHS Charities. For every model sold a £40.00 donation will be made to NHS Charities Together.
Colonel – formerly Captain – Tom Moore raised more than £29 million for the NHS by completing 200 laps of his garden in the days leading up to his 100th birthday. GB Railfreight, Porterbrook and Neil Booth of Railwayana Auctions teamed up to create a special livery on one of GB Railfeight’s Class 66 locomotives, 66731 last month. Dapol's N gauge model is to be available with or without sound with the following specifications:
- Detailed body with etched grills and separately-fitted handrails
- RP 25.72 darkened wheels with pin point bearings
- Improved internal electrical connections
- Independent directional lighting
- DCC Ready with a Next-18 socket
- Accessory bag with separate optional fittings
- A low-friction mechanism
For more details, including current pricing and availability, visit the Dapol website.