06 March 2021
Launched at the second Guild O Gauge virtual show, the model is now at the approved CAD stage and will be going into tooling very shortly.
In 1890 Adams ordered 20 powerful four- coupled tank engines from Nine Elms Works, the design being preferred to six-coupled because of the many poorly laid out goods yards and the sharply curved Cattewater and Sutton Harbour lines at Plymouth. When the South Western gained control of Southampton docks in 1892 Adams transferred two engines there which had their cab front and back sheets cut away to aid visibility and were named JERSEY and GUERNSEY.
Over the next few years twelve more were transferred to the docks, including two of the five built by Drummond. All 25 engines were taken into B.R. stock in January 1948; however, fourteen were withdrawn over the next year, leaving just eleven survivors, distributed to Eastleigh, Plymouth, Bournemouth and Ashford. The last two representatives stationed at Winchester were withdrawn in October 1963, a month short of their seventieth birthday. Happily, both have been preserved.
- Slide-in PCB – With space for 2 x sugar cube speakers and a 21 pin decoder socket
- Removable cab roof held in place with magnets to allow easy crew insertion
- Highly detailed cab interior with firebox glow
- Highly detailed body with many separately added parts
- Dapol’s proven slow speed mechanism and high torque five pole skew wound motor driving the rear wheels
- Fully compensated die-cast chassis to give excellent running capabilities
- All-wheel pick up
- Most derivatives covered, the tooling will allow for four cab types, two different boilers, two forms of chimney as well as other prototypical features catered for such as water injectors and buffers
- DCC Ready, DCC Fitted and DCC Sound Fitted models available
- "Real Drive" in factory fitted models
Dapol are proposing to produce a total of six B4 Locomotive liveries in the first production run. DCC Ready & DCC fitted Models are available for pre-order via your preferred Dapol stockist. Factory-installed DCC Fitted models are available for pre-order exclusively through the Dapol website.
DCC Ready – £230.00
DCC Fitted – £260.00
DCC Sound Fitted – £360.00
7S-018-001 L & SWR B4 0-4-0T NORMANDY - AS PRESERVED
7S-018-002 L & SWR B4 0-4-0T CAEN BROWN 90
7S-018-003 B4 0-4-0T SOUTHERN GREEN 88
7S-018-004 B4 0-4-0T BR EARLY CREST 30084
7S-018-005 B4 0-4-0T BR LATE CREST 30096
7S-018-006 L & SWR B4 0-4-0T Lined Green 91
The CADS have been approved by the design team and the factory is about to start producing the tooling necessary for moulding the models. The artwork is underway and we will bring you more on this as soon as we have something we are happy with.
The model is expected in shops Q2 2022