14 July 2023
Rails of Sheffield partners with Dapol for 4mm:1ft scale exclusives, expected to arrive Q2, 2024.
Models of the Class 88 electro-diesel locomotive have been revealed for OO gauge by Rails of Sheffield. To be manufactured by Dapol – which already has models of the Class 68 in its range for the scale – models are said to be "well advanced" with the first EP sample already being received and evaluated at Dapol. Models are to arrive late Q2, 2024.
Four models are being produced in the initial batch, available DCC ready (£199.95), DCC fitted £249.95 and DCC sound-fitted (£329.95). DCC fitted and DCC sound-fitted versions are to feature a working pantograph, too.
The versions announced are as follows:
- (4D-088-001) Class 88001 Revolution in DRS livery
- (4D-088-002) Class 88003 Genesis in DRS livery
- (4D-088-003) Class 88007 Electra in DRS livery
- (4D-088-004) Class 88010 Aurora in DRS Refrigerated Rail livery
Models can be pre-ordered today with a £30 deposit, while the comprehensive suite of features promised include:
- Finely moulded body with many separately fitted fine details
- Authentic liveries
- Printed nameplates with etched plates supplied separately - where appropriate
- Sprung buffers
- Diecast chassis and all-wheel pick-up and all-wheel drive
- Five-pole motor
- Twin flywheels
- Cast wheels with fine relief and appropriate colouring
- NEM coupling pockets as standard
- Latest Plux22 decoder socket
- Comprehensive lighting: White marker/headlights, red tail lights, halo lights (DCC only), cab lights
- Lighting independently controllable in DCC
- Lighting independently switchable in DC
- Servo-controlled pantograph (DCC only)
- Pantograph posable in DC
- Sound-fitted option using authentic sound obtained with cooperation from DRS
- Both electric and diesel sounds, switchable by function key
For further details, visit the Rails of Sheffield website.