03 May 2023
Class 70 returns to range, new Scenecraft additions and new liveries across locomotive fleet expected from Barwell this summer.
Bachmann Europe Plc today revealed its latest collection of new products with the launch of the Summer 2023 British Railway Announcements. The largest offering of new products via a single British Railway Announcements to date, the Summer collection showcases new models in N, OO and O scale, all of which are scheduled for release in the coming months.
Watch the video announcement, below:
Bachmann Branchline's Class 20/0 is back in BR green, BR blue and BR Railfreight red stripe liveries.
The extensive suite of tooling for the new Branchline Class 37 continues to be showcased, with two further examples joining the range.
- 35-303 Class 37/0 Centre Headcode 37305 BR Blue £249.95
- 35-303SF Class 37/0 Centre Headcode 37305 BR Blue £349.95
- 35-303SFX Class 37/0 Centre Headcode 37305 BR Blue £379.95
- 35-311 Class 37/0 Centre Headcode 37262 'Dounreay' BR Engineers Grey £249.95
- 35-311SF Class 37/0 Centre Headcode 37262 'Dounreay' BR Engineers Grey £349.95
- 35-311SFX Class 37/0 Centre Headcode 37262 'Dounreay' BR Engineers Grey £379.95
Its Class 40 has been upgraded to feature a new twin speaker setup, Plux22 DCC decoder interface and new lighting control for DCC, and four new versions join the previously announced modern-day locomotive, Andania.
- 32-488 Class 40 Disc Headcode D292 BR Green (Late Crest) £229.95
- 32-488SF Class 40 Disc Headcode D292 BR Green (Late Crest) £329.95
- 32-489 Class 40 Disc Headcode 40097 BR Blue £229.95
- 32-489SF Class 40 Disc Headcode 40097 BR Blue £329.95
- 32-490 Class 40 Centre Headcode (ScR) 40063 BR Blue £229.95
- 32-490SF Class 40 Centre Headcode (ScR) 40063 BR Blue £329.95
- 32-492 Class 40 Disc Headcode 40039 BR Green (Full Yellow Ends) [W] £239.95
- 32-492SF Class 40 Disc Headcode 40039 BR Green (Full Yellow Ends) [W] £339.95
Like Andania, with its new nose tooling that incorporates its modern adornments, new tooling has also been produced to depict the locomotives that had their headcode discs replaced with headcode boxes by the Scottish Region.
Finally, its Class 70 returns to the range as 70811 in Colas Rail Freight livery. Each of the Class 20s, 40s and 70 will be available with or without sound, while the Class 37s are offered in standard, sound-fitted or sound-fitted deluxe format.
- 31-591A Class 70 with Air Intake Modifications 70811 Colas Rail Freight £249.95
- 31-591ASF Class 70 with Air Intake Modifications 70811 Colas Rail Freight £349.95
Its Bachmann Scenecraft range continues and new to the market is a range of low-relief bay-fronted terrace houses. The models are available with both left- and right-hand bay windows, each with two choices of front door colour, plus a courtyard entrance that can be positioned between any of the houses.
Its range of Great Central buildings grows with the new GCR Mess Room and Timber Signal Box, each available in their as-preserved, original GCR colour schemes, or in BR Midland Region colours.
Alongside other new buildings and structures come further wagon loads – sand for the 13T tippler wagons, and steel plate loads and tarpaulin-covered loads suitable for various OO gauge wagons.