16 November 2023
Accurascale has announced an all-new run of its CDA China Clay hopper wagons in the iconic English China Clay (ECC) livery as they first appeared in service in early 1988 through to the privatisation years of the late 1990s/early 2000s.
The CDA wagons feature a diecast chassis, brass bearings and 26mm pinpoint axles. Particular attention has been paid to the detail differences over the traditional HAA wagons these were based on, such as the equipment at the wagon end, holes in the bodyside on one side, the underframe, and of course, the hood/canopy.
Given the flexibility of the tooling, Accurascale can also cater for those wagons as built as CDAs from new, as well as those converted from HAA hoppers, giving the modellers a true variety in their wagon rake.
- Highly-detailed OO gauge model, 1:76.2 scale on 16.5mm track
- Minimum Radius 438mm (2nd Radius Set-track)
- Weight 40g
- Die-cast chassis for ideal weight
- Detailed interior with rivets, framing, strapping and accurately profiled door 'horns'
- RP25-110 profile OO gauge wheels with separate brake blocks in line with tread
- Sprung metal buffers and dummy instanter couplings
- Fine plastic parts, including air pipes, lamp irons, safety catches, clasp and disc brakes, hopper door operating equipment, etc.
- Etched metal details, incl. brake lever, chassis plates, etc.
- Removable, Kinetic NEM coupler mounts at correct height with mini-tension-lock couplers provided with scale Instanters included
- Numerous individual differences between wagon types
- Two styles of hopper door: 'X' pattern on coal variants and 'straight beam' pattern on CDA
- Heavy duty buffers
- CDA correctly features large end air cylinder and above solebar mounted brake distributor, end ventilator boxes, highly detailed roof with textured canvas cover and chassis mounted operating handles
Priced at £79.95 for three wagons, Accurascale is offering a 10% discount for two packs or more when ordered directly via Accurascale or via participating local stockists. Pre-orders are open now and delivery is expected in the Autumn of 2024.
Are you subscribed to our weekly email newsletter? Don't miss the latest news about our shows, reviews, modelling advice, competitions and more.