14 October 2019
The manufacturer is adding two new wagons to its rapidly growing range of OO rolling stock; the JSA hooded and open steel coil carriers.
Accurascale began designing the wagons alongside its PTA/JTA/JUA project earlier this year, with all three distinct wagons being tooled side by side. Tooling is now complete on the PTA/JTA/JUA, with the JSA tooling to be completed within the next two weeks. The specification is as follows;
- Pack of two Wagons, each with individual running number and decoration
- OO Gauge / 1:76.2 Scale Models
- NEM standard coupler pockets with ‘kinematic’ close coupling functionality
- NEM narrow tension lock couplers
- Sprung metal buffers
- Etched metal factory fitted detailing
- Extra fine factory-fitted detail plastic parts
- Extra fine factory-fitted Pipework
- Individual lettering, logos, and codes from real wagons for authenticity
- BSC Axle Motion bogies
- Blackened RP25.110 profile wheelsets with 14.4mm back-to-back measurements, and 26mm over pinpoints
- Designed for easy conversion to EM and P4 gauges
Accurascale will represent the wagons in their as-built British Steel Blue with plated steel sides, the rivetted aluminium skin when VTG assumed ownership, and the open coil carriers recently rebuilt by Arlington at Eastleigh, giving modellers a 23-year range of steel carrying wagons, some of which will continue in service for many years to come.
Available to order through approved stockists now, delivery is expected in January 2020. The new wagons will be available in a pack of two for £59.95, with three British Steel, three VTG hooded wagons and three open coil carrier packs on offer. Bundle deals will be available too.