Marches Open Day
03 September 2022
The following layouts have kindly agreed to appear, in the Hall:
- Corwenna (OO) by Phil Waterfield
- Cranford Ironstone (P4 under construction) by David Beale
- End of the Line (7mm/NG) shown by Tim Crockford
- Hartburn (EM) by Ian Manderson
- Lydham Heath (S) shown by Simon Dunkley[/list]
Modelling, in the Severn Wye Room, will include:
- Locomotive construction by both Karl Crowther and Simon Bolton
- Modelling the GER in 7mm by Nick Coppin
- EM Trackwork or Easichass construction by John Watt
- Horseboxes in P4 by Gavin Clark
- Other Rolling stock and building construction by various members of the group
In addition there will be various parts of layouts on display, including:
- Buildings and track plan for Coldham Staithe, Geoff Kent’s new EM layout
- Part of Coldstream by Tim Lewis, showing NER interlaced P4 trackwork.
- Part of Pendre, Trevor Hughes’s new 3/8 inch to 1 foot layout
There is no available parking at the Mascall centre - the spaces here are controlled by parking cameras and not available to the general public, so use these at your peril. However Smithfield Car Park is 3-4 minutes walk down the hill next to the Police Station and very accessible - current prices are around 30p per hour.
Ludlow Station is around 10 minutes walk away via Station Drive, Upper Galeford and Lower Galeford.
The Open Day will not provide specific catering for visitors, however there is much available as MOD22 is in the centre of Ludlow. The Mascall Centre includes a Greek Restaurant on-site (http://www.athenagreektaverna.co.uk) who can be contacted directly if you wish to arrange food. In addition there are at least 10 pubs and 20 eateries all within no more than 10 minutes walk.